Monday, August 31, 2009

Marigold Budoir


I lost all interest in my home for about a year- shocking I know. I was happy to enjoy it just as it was (or just lazy enough to leave everything alone). But now I'm ready to shake things up a bit. I was never one hundred percent happy with the last time I changed my bedroom- the pallet was peacock inspired (Green, Teal and brown). This time around I want MARIGOLD! And more than anything I want it be different. I need fresh right now... not same old. Marigold is just that. It's fresh, warm and lovely. It will feel like summer in my bedroom all winter long. Of course, I can't leave chocolate out of the mix. Those of you who have seen my house know that chocolate is my go-to color. Just so things don't get too organic or matchy I like a smidge of magenta. And the cherry on top or "the little bit of ugly" is the antlers. Of course no deer will be harmed for the sake of design... they will be naturally shed horns (just think of them as found objects of the forest or gifts from Bambi). Also, how cool is the horse figure? Someone is sure to be selling a crazy horse figurine on ebay... I'll find one. I'm sure my bedroom will evolve a bit more as I start implementing it. I'll show you the "after" pictures once I'm finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment