Thursday, October 15, 2009

Smile





I always find it a little weird to walk into someone's home for the first time and see a gigantic wedding photo of them in their living room. It's almost like a shrine to themselves. Not to say that you shouldn't display life's important moments, but maybe you don't have to do it in such a formal way.
I love to see funny, candid shots. It's so much fun and makes the moments seem more REAL. You can mix family photos along with other images and objects for a more eclectic display. I really like the look of loose photos or polaroids on the wall. Just as if they were framed, they can be hung in a grid pattern or in more of a free form collage style. I found the image of the powder room with all the loose photos and loved it. Who says your family photos can't be in the bathroom or wherever you please. I like the informality... not so shrine-like. Unless your into that.



No comments:

Post a Comment